Tuesday, June 2, 2009
10. Rat Snake
A few days ago the twins and I found a baby rat snake at the creek. He was just resting in the water! I waded right in while Bryn and Dylan stayed at a distance. Although they tolerate and often like my other strange pets, they definitely do not like snakes. He is about as big around as a pencil, and only a few inches long. I fell in love at once and we took him home. He didn't make a fuss or bite me when I held him, but just curled around my fingers. I have been keeping him in a 20 gallon terrarium in my garage. He eats small bugs and insects and sleeps a lot in a small plastic pet house. Overall, he seems quite content! I love having a little snake in the garage and he doesn't seem to mind being held a few times every day. He has been a great pet so far!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds almost cute, Jeanne! I just read about a 2" long snake species discovered in Barbados. Imagine how tiny their eggs and babies must be!
ReplyDeleteAunt Betty
hey girlie! how's that snake faring now??
ReplyDelete